In the development of the Nankang AS-1 tyre, special emphasis was placed on excellent traction on both dry and wet surfaces as well as on ensuring a comfortable and silent driving experience. In addition, the tyre's rolling resistance and durability have been optimized for maximum performance.
- A unique silica rubber compound improves the tyre's wet grip and reduces its rolling resistance, thus saving fuel.
- Two wide longitudinal grooves running on the outer part of the tread effectively remove water and reduce the risk of aquaplaning.
- The construction of the tyre's outer shoulder consisting of wide blocks with considerable lateral rigidity is designed to enhance controllability and stability when cornering.
- The asymmetrical tread pattern includes a longitudinal groove running along the inner shoulder. The groove is designed to add to the flexibility of the inner part of the tyre and to minimize the risk of uneven wear in order to prolong the service life of the tyre.
- The tyre's tread design is acoustically optimized to minimize noise levels.
- Thin sipes along the tread absorb the irregularities of the road surface, thus improving driver comfort.
The Taiwanese Nankang is one of the oldest and most traditional tyre manufacturers in Asia. Nankang's main priority has always been the quality of its products: the company is dedicated to making tyres that not only meet but exceed all modern quality requirements. That is why Nankang tyres bear comparison with any other brand tyres.